George Zimmerman Leaves Jail After Posting $1 Million Bond
And just like that, George Zimmerman is free… once again. It’s starting to appear that Zimmerman’s lawyer Mike O’Mara is spearheading his client’s lackluster campaign to deceive the public because he posted bond Friday (July 6), not long after he pleaded for financial donations, to get the former neighborhood watch captain out of jail.
Zimmerman was released from the Seminole County jail dressed in a dark gray suit, and appearing not to have a care in the world.
Just 24 hours ago, Judge Kenneth Lester set the 28-year-old’s bond at $1 million, 10 percent of which needed to be paid in order for him to be released. Hours later, O’Mara posted a message on the website he created for Zimmerman encouraging the public not to be stingy with their funds, and to continue to support the accused killer. “George Zimmerman and his family do not have anywhere near $1,000,000 for collateral,” he claimed on the site. “Even if we pay the $100,000 fee, the bail bond company will have to agree to work with us on how the collateral would be posted.”
After his release, Zimmerman’s other lawyer, Don West, spoke with the press. “He’s very happy to be out,” said West. “Certainly it’s been a sobering experience spending the last month in jail in that kind of environment.”
In response to receiving yet another bond amount, Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, was said to be upset that her son’s shooter was given another chance at freedom. Fulton appeared in New Orleans alongside the Rev. Al Sharpton who lashed out at Zimmerman’s supporters. “Now we see where they’re soliciting money, saying, `If you would have done the same thing, send money to help with his bond,’ showing no remorse over the loss of human life.”
As of now, Zimmerman has been transported to a “safe house,” and will head to a permanent location at a later date. His second-degree murder trial is not expected to begin until the end of this year.